Week of November 13th- 16th
Our Reading story for the week is “A Bed for Winter”. Our question of the week is: What kind of home does an animal need? The Amazing Words for this story are: nest, stump, hive, meadow, tree trunk, den. The high frequency words are: he, for. The text based comprehension skill is sequence. We will listen for /i/ spelled Ii at the beginning and middle of a word. We will focus on the correct formation of Ii. Please practice reading the “Tim the Pig” decodable story. *Each decodable story can be recorded for the monthly Reading Logs. J Please be sure to practice letter naming and sight words daily. Use the flashcards that were enclosed in the plastic sleeve at the beginning of the school year to practice learning these words.
In Math, we will begin our next unit, Numbers 11-20. Please see the Home/School Connection letter sent home today. Here are a few things we have been working on in school that you can continue to practice at home:
· Count to 100 every night. Be sure to count the “teen” numbers correctly.
· Ask your child the next number. Ex: You say 23, your child should say 24. You say 66, your child should say 67. Do this multiple times for numbers to 100.
· Show two dice or dominoes and have your child tell the greater number and what it is. Your child should be able to point and quickly tell you how many dots there are for the greater number.
In Social Studies, we will be making Veteran’s Day cards and sending them in the care packages that will be created later in the month. We will continue to learn about the first Thanksgiving. Next week your child will be coming home with some Thanksgiving items. I hope you enjoy them. J
Thank you to all for returning the report card envelopes. If you have any questions or concerns about report cards or your child’s progress, please contact me.
Upcoming important dates:
· 11/16 Spartan Dress Down Day $1.00
· 11/21 Early Dismissal, NSE 12pm
· 11/22-11/26 School Closed, Happy Thanksgiving!
· 11/27 School Resumes
Monday was In-service Day, Tuesday was Day 4-Music, Wednesday is Day 5-Computers, Thursday is Day 6-Art, Friday is Day 7-Library.
If you ever need to contact me, please call the school at 570-874-3661 ext. 3243 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.